As the largest provider of swim lessons in Los Angeles, the Y has swim lessons for every age and ability. Choose from weekday, weekend or evening classes for youth or adults or if you prefer we also offer private lessons.
COVID Safety Protocols:
- Temperature and wellness checks are taken upon arrival (participant & parent/guardian).
- Face masks are required at all times except when in the pool (adults and children over 2).
- Physical distancing is required. Please maintain a minimum distance of 6-feet from staff and other members at all times.
- Reduced class sizes
- Due to COVID, parent/guardian is required to participate in the beginner level swim lessons to assist their child during the lesson.
- Instructors remain on the pool deck for the lesson.
- Please arrive on time, dressed in a swim suit and ready to swim.
- Please bring your towel, goggles, swim caps and water.
- All instructional equipment (noodles, kick boards, etc.) is disinfected before and after use.
Parent & Child
Accompanied by a parent, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness. Parents learn about water safety and drowning prevention.
Preschool Swim Lessons
Children learn water safety, basic swimming competency and progress through levels as they develop skills.
Students learn personal water safety, achieve basic swimming competency, and progress to learn about eh four competitive swimming strokes.